Independence Day is almost here, and you probably have to prepare your house for a weekend full of debauchery.
Whether you’re having a family-friendly cookout or an adults-only boozefest, finding a little inspiration never hurts. From feeding guests to keeping them entertained, here are 20 simple recipes and DIY projects that are about to set you apart from the rest. Expert party planning, commence!
1. If you’re as lazy and uninspired as I am, this is the dessert you should go with when you ultimately forget you’re throwing a cookout in three hours.
Tell them you made these from scratch. I dare you.
2. Make these non-boozy layered drinks for the kiddos (and yourself when no one is looking).
3. If you’re having a slightly more formal affair, make these cute place settings with Mason jars and patriotic bandanas. The jars can be used for drinks later. You’re welcome.
4. The kids will want to get their hands on these champagne-soaked strawberries. To avoid that, tell them they’re poisoned and that you can’t die as they watch you eat them.
5. Use the outdoor pillows you already have and give them a patriotic punch by tying on festive bandanas.
6. Line your sidewalk with these bad boys when the sun goes down and let guests bask in your crafting glory.
7. Nothing says “red, white, and I don’t give a damn” quite like this simple fruit salad.
8. Make sangria. Gallons of it. Fill your swimming pool.
9. Put sparklers and fire crackers in cute, labeled jars and take a photo before the youths ruin them.
10. These Independence Day flashlights will have the same effect on your children as the laser pointer does on your cat.
11. Get artisanal as hell with these pre-made cocktails. Win life in the process.
12. Watch your friends get drunk and play giant Jenga. If you don’t paint the ends red, white, and blue, you’re not American.
13. You know who wants to buy 30,000 ice packs or deal with melting ice cubes? No one. You know who wants to peg their guests with water balloons? Everyone. Make ice packs out of balloons, and when they melt…well…you know what to do.
14. To cut down on cleanup and trash, skewer everything. Bye, forks.
16. Let’s be real. You’ve been drinking for three days straight already. Repurpose those bottles into cute centerpieces.
17. Nothing goes together quite like drunk people and sharp objects! Why not make this patriotic dart board?
18. Demonstrate your Independence Day trivia prowess with these printable cards.
19. Make these festive deviled eggs and then mail me some. It’s the law.
20. Set up an Instagram-ready photo backdrop in the yard and let your friends ham it up!
I’m not much of a party planner, but if you need someone to share pre-made cocktails with, I’m your girl. Happy Fourth!
Read more: http://www.viralnova.com/independence-day-hacks/