Twerk while you work.
1. Spring is fast approaching, and you know what that means…
2. You guessed it: TIME TO CLEAN!!!!
3. Never fear! Here’s a song for every less-than-glamorous task on your list.
Scroll to the bottom for the complete playlist!
4. Queen, “Another One Bites the Dust”
Your Cleaning Project: Sweeping.
You should be able to walk barefoot around your own apartment without little bits of god-knows-what grinding into your heels.
5. Eminem, “Cleaning Out My Closet”
Your Cleaning Project: Moving out.
Whether it’s after a breakup or out of your parent’s basement (for the third time), this song will get you out the door.
6. OutKast, “Roses”
Your Cleaning Project: The bathroom.
I know you like to think your shit don’t stank, but…
8. Rihanna, “Diamonds”
Your Cleaning Project: Polishing.
NO ONE DOES THIS AND THEY SHOULD. Remember when you could see the time on your watch or read the engraving on your high school track Participation Medal without straining your eyes? Put some elbow grease into it.
9. Hilary Duff, “Come Clean”
Your Cleaning Project: Getting back to the real you.
Don’t limit yourself to physical dirt and stop trying to fit a square into a circle, man. If anyone is going to help you find your roots, it’s Lizzie McGuire.
10. Rose Royce, “Car Wash”
Your Cleaning Project: Washing your car, of course.
With your own two hands, by your local fundraiser, or just sitting back at the gas station, this classic is the perfect sing-along.
12. Jay Z, “Change Clothes feat. Pharrell”
Your Cleaning Project: Refreshing your wardrobe.
Because you should be taking all your fashion cues from Pharrell.
13. Jack Johnson, “Washing Dishes”
Your Cleaning Project: Idk, clearing the hair out of your drain?
Kidding, WASH THE DISHES. Not just the ones in the sink, but the ones piling up next to your bed and lingering in your bathroom. No judgment, just clean them.
14. Lazerhawk, “Space Trash”
Your Cleaning Project: TAKING OUT THE DAMN GARBAGE.
Because if it took you until spring cleaning came along to get around to this, you need a truly epic song to get it done.
16. Natasha Bedingfield, “Unwritten”
Your Cleaning Project: Any and all glass surfaces.
“Open up the now-sparkling-clean window…”
17. Leopold Stokowski and the Philadelphia Orchestra, “The Sorcerer’s Apprentice”
Your Cleaning Project: Sorting your email.
Because orchestrating all those messages into their proper folders with just a few swipes and clicks is basically magic.
18. Bachman Turner Overdrive, “Taking Care of Business”
Your Cleaning Project: Organizing your “documents.”
AKA all those random papers and receipts that you’re pretty sure are important for, like, taxes, right?
19. Bitter:Sweet, “Dirty Laundry”
Your Cleaning Project: Laundry.
Just because every item has failed the sniff test doesn’t mean this task can’t still be sexy.
21. Amy Adams, “Happy Working Song”
Your Cleaning Project: Clearing out clutter.
It’s nothing major, but you’ve been meaning to get to it. This lighthearted tune will get you through the afternoon.
22. Johnny Nash, “I Can See Clearly Now”
Your Cleaning Project: Wiping off your glasses.
The easiest, quickest, and perhaps most important cleaning project you’ll take on. Follow up with some Aladdin.
23. Paul McCartney & Wings, “Live and Let Die”
Your Cleaning Project: Throwing out the dead plants.
Hey, you tried.
25. Steely Dan, “Dirty Work”
Your Cleaning Project: Cleaning someone else’s mess.
It’s a dirty job, but you know they’re not going to do it. (Parents, amiright?)
26. Kelly Clarkson, “My Life Would Suck Without You”
Your Cleaning Project: Vacuuming. …GET IT?!
And we all know you need a good jam to get your vacuum on.
28. BeyoncÃ©, “Irreplaceable”
Your Cleaning Project: Post-breakup purge.
If you need help deciding exactly what to put in that box to the left, check out this handy guide.
29. Christina Aguilera, “Dirrty”
Your Cleaning Project: Yard work.
Cleaning out the shed, pruning the garden, yanking the weeds. No matter the task, it’s time to clean your act up.
30. Britney Spears, “Work Bitch”
Your Cleaning Project: YOUR ATTITUDE. SUCK IT UP.